The purpose of this blog is to capture some of the high lights and low lights of just normal day to day life. Our life is loud, busy, and fast, but we love it!
_____________________________________________

3.01.2012

"Photo"graphic Memories

There are some memories I want burned into my brain for the rest of my life. Breast feeding is on the top of that list. Knowing first hand how difficult it can be to breast feed ( I was not able to successfully BF our oldest) I do not take it lightly that I have breastfed 3 daughters with ease and enjoyment. As Emma is just three short months away from her first birthday I am faced with the reality that this is it for me. Of course I could breast feed longer and I applaud those who can and do, but both David and I are ready to move into the next season of life with our family. After seven years of baby after baby...after baby....after baby....we will be moving out of this season and into whatever lays ahead.

As I was nursing my Sweet Emma Lynne this morning before nap she was putting her hand to my mouth for kisses, stroking my arm, I was stroking her head as she rubbed my hand. I never want to forget that feeling. Ever. I want to be able to remember it when my daughters have children of their own. I want to be an old lady and be able to close my eyes and remember that feeling of closeness and intimacy.

I have a few pictures of Emma breastfeeding when we did her newborn photo shoot ( keep a small one on this blog), but I may ask David to sneak in and grab a few more. Though he would have to be stealth-like as Emma is another Daddy's-girl and is extremely distracted by his presence.

Here's to the next 3 months.....I know it is going to be a paradox of wanting to be done and not wanting it to end. A tough place to be in, but part of the process of parenting.

1 comment:

  1. This was truly beautiful. Thank you for sharing that type of tender moment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Loving Thoughts.....