The purpose of this blog is to capture some of the high lights and low lights of just normal day to day life. Our life is loud, busy, and fast, but we love it!
_____________________________________________

8.03.2010

Two minus one equals one worn out Mama

David has had lots of travel these days. The girls are getting older so one would think maybe it would get easier.....nope. By the end of the day I am DONE. Leah is fast approaching 2 and acts like it more and more each day. She is demanding, fixating on things, and expressing her emotions...ALL of them. Mayah is just sad more lately. She really does love her Daddy and has very little concept of time. When I tell her that Daddy will be home in 3 days that could mean 3 weeks to her. Ugh. Chiara gets sad too, but she is Mommy's little helper and just goes with what is happening.

I am thrilled that David has a job that is rewarding and I can see the joy it has brought him. Love that! However, I can see the toll it takes on our family. My heart goes out to military families who live a life even more intense than this. The coming and going it just a lot to take on.

I had always wanted 4 children and since we do not have another one as of yet I am thinking it is for the best. I cannot imagine being pregnant or have an infant and try to manage all that goes into the day to say business of the house. I think it would be too much for me and too much on our entire family.

I know I will look back on this season and be able to pick out the blessings. I know when I look back the season will have been a short one. I know after this season ends I will feel better having made it through.

For now though I am in the midst of this season....some days treading water with big gulps of air and other days floating on my back and enjoying the scenery. Most days I am happy to have just managed to stay above the water and end the day with three happy girls.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jen, You are in my prayers Girl! We went through a very short season of Kevin working crazy overtime and traveling. It is so tough on all the girls in the house including Momma. I pray this season passes quickly. You are a very strong Momma!
    Four has always been our magic number, but due to Kevin's health, we sometimes question having any more. ;(

    ReplyDelete

Loving Thoughts.....