The purpose of this blog is to capture some of the high lights and low lights of just normal day to day life. Our life is loud, busy, and fast, but we love it!
_____________________________________________

6.21.2009

My Thoughts for Father's Day

I enjoy Father's Day-though I truly hope that both my own father and my husband feel loved and appreciated each day of the year.
As I sat with David tonight-alone at a late dinner-I asked him about this past year of being a dad and what he has learned. It was a nice reflection on the changes that have taken place not only within our family, but within ourselves. David is a very present father, not many seem to be that way. I would not know any different. My father was always around, always involved, and always present. I married David because I had a dad that did more than just provide for his family. My Dad was about family. He was about teaching...even if it was with a red pen sometimes!
I can remember spending time at the dining room table with him working on math or editing a paper. Playing basketball outside. Watching hockey-even though I did not like it. (wink) For one of my birthdays we were at the store and he bought me a single red rose-that moment had more of an impact on my life than he ever knew. I remember him being angry with me for making bad decisions. Punishing me for lying. I can remember the hug he gave me before he and mom left Vermont my freshman year of college. I smile watching the video of him walking me down the aisle and our father-daughter dance together. I smile even more, and get a bit teary-eyed too, when I see my girls run to be with him.
My dad could teach many dad's some lessons out there....

So Dad, this year I did not get you a card, because hallmark just would not cut it. Happy Father's Day-I hope you know the impact you have had on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving Thoughts.....