The purpose of this blog is to capture some of the high lights and low lights of just normal day to day life. Our life is loud, busy, and fast, but we love it!
_____________________________________________

5.28.2014

Cinderella for a day

All four of my girls said they wanted to help at the new house while I painted...how awesome are they?!?!

So, the best job I could think of was to have them start to make a dent in the very dirty floors. If you saw my post about popcorn ceiling removal then you might be able to imagine the layer of white dust left over. It is everywhere. 

So, I painted the fireplace and the girls hand washed the floors. My purpose was two fold: first off they wanted to help and were bored sitting outside while we were there for hours, secondly I believe it is important for them to have ownership in what it took to get the house clean and livable so maybe they will think twice before making or leaving a mess.

They did a great job, though the floors still have a ways to go before they are really clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving Thoughts.....