The purpose of this blog is to capture some of the high lights and low lights of just normal day to day life. Our life is loud, busy, and fast, but we love it!
_____________________________________________

3.23.2013

Happy 8th Birthday Chiara

My sweet Chiara has turned 8. Eight? Yes, 8. 

She is mature for her age.  Thoughtful. Kind. Empathetic. Smart. Silly. Energetic. Helpful. Respectful. Yes, sometimes she is a bit too "big for her britches" (which she hears often these days), but it is a joy being her Mom and her teacher.  I love watching her grow. She can still be found dancing, or cartwheeling, around the house.  She sings loudly and has her own opinion now about what music she like and does not like.  She is becoming a country music fan and I must admit I am thrilled!!!!  She wants to do her own hair so I am cherishing the few times she asks me to do it.  She can keep a conversation on the phone (it was adorable to hear her talk to her friend Marissa in Maine!) though we are working on slowing down her speech so we can all understand what she is saying.  (I have no idea where this talking fast behavior comes from!?!?!)

I love how much she enjoys reading. Her goal each weekday is to get school work done as quickly as possible because she wants her play time and free time.  She does not enjoying writing, but she is good at it.  Let me correct that...she enjoys writing her own stories and books, but when the word "school" is attached to it her attitude toward it changes. 

She empties the sink without being asked.  She asks every day to get Emma out of her crib after nap.  She makes her own breakfast-usually an egg and cheese sandwich.  She enjoys baking and making meatloaf for dinner.  She loves, loves, loves any and every thing American Girl!!!  

I close my eyes and see myself in the operating room meeting her for the first time. Every memory as vivid as if it were yesterday.  I love this precious daughter of mine and I am honored to be her Mom Mommy.

Below are some pictures from her actual birthday and her family party at Nanny & Grampy's.  If you want to see her Birthday Photo Shoot you can check out my 4Beauty Website HERE. It should bring you to the Beauty page, but if not that is where you can find her pictures-at the top and bottom of that section.





Leah and Mayah made cards for Chiara.  I love how excited they get for one another!!!

David and I got Chiara a Betta Fish for her birthday.  "Cutie Carl Patrick, Jr" did not make it a week...thankfully "Cutie Carl Patrick, Jr II" is doing better!  Oye!

American Girl Kanani from Mommy and Daddy...she was a happy girl!

She got Lego Friends from her sisters and Papa.  Happy, happy girl!!!

A small piece of cake so she could blow out a candle on her actual birthday.
 

She wanted the organic gluten free chocolate cake we always make with a raspberry, cream cheese frosting.  Pink without food dye!  I was able to make it without any added sugar!!!  It was delicious!

Me and my gorgeous daughter (well, one of 4!)

Birthday Princess

Opening up the Saige (American Girl) book #2 from Nanny and Grampy.  We were thrilled to have Barbara, Rachel, and Nick there.  Along with Chiara's Great Grandparents and Scott & Sierra (who might as well be family!!!!)

Chiara with her grandparents.  As I write this she is up at their house for a weekend sleepover-by herself.  Special time.  She worked at Grampy's store for a bit on Friday afternoon, went out to eat and to the movies with Nanny after.  Saturday sounds like a craft fair and fun.  I am already ready to have her home.

Happy Birthday Chiara!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving Thoughts.....