The purpose of this blog is to capture some of the high lights and low lights of just normal day to day life. Our life is loud, busy, and fast, but we love it!
_____________________________________________

4.11.2009

Oh How Things Have Changed

As I sit typing on this bed with my two 'big' girls sleeping across the way and my 5 month old struggling to find dreamland I think about the first Easter I spent here in NY. Just a young teenage girl in love with a boy. It was the first time I ate lamb....yum!

More than that though was I did not know the true joy of this Easter season. Back then I would not have jumped up and down at the thought of my Lord and Savior dying for ALL sins and rising again. Just typing that makes me want to shout however, Miss Leah has finally settled down and waking my baby is a no no.

With an open heart and a desire-God has truly transformed me. Some days he has to really kneed the dough, hitting it hard even to be able to mold it correctly. Other times all He does is caress it gently in His hands to manipulate it. I thank Him that I am not that young girl I was back at my first easter in NY. I give Him all the glory for loving me enough to give me grace and forgiveness from that cross.

There are many people in my life that celebrate Easter as I did...not truly knowing the JOY that comes from Christ's death and resurrection. Not knowing that He is the Healer. He is the Father. He is your joy. He is your source. He is your counselor.

I love when I ask my precious four year old, why do we celebrate easter and she says because JESUS IS ALIVE! Talk about joy.....

Happy Easter. He lives! The King of Kings and Lord of Lords! The tomb was empty....

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post Jen. So happy you and your family know the Lord. and I am so glad we will all be in heaven with Jesus someday. How cool is that?! I can't wait to chill with you and all my sisters in christ in paradise.

    ReplyDelete

Loving Thoughts.....